YIELDS: 10 SERVINGS
PREP TIME:0 HOURS 50 MINS
TOTAL TIME:2 HOUR 0 MINS
1 1/4 c. all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 c. (2 sticks) unsalted butter
8 oz. bittersweet chocolate chips
4 large eggs, at room temperature
1 1/2 c. granulated sugar
1/2 c. packed dark brown sugar
2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
Candy: Tootsie Rolls
- 1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9"-x-13" baking pan and line with parchment paper, leaving a 2" overhang on the long sides. Whisk together flour and cinnamon in a bowl.
- 2.Melt butter and chocolate together in a microwave, stirring at 20-second intervals, until melted and thoroughly combined, 1 to 2 minutes.
- 3.Whisk eggs in a separate bowl. Add sugars, vanilla, and salt and whisk until combined. Whisk in chocolate mixture and then flour mixture until just combined. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- 4.Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 30 to 32 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Run a paring knife around the edge of pan to loosen brownies. Use parchment to lift brownies from pan.
- 5.Use various-sized round cookie cutters to cut brownies. (We cut 6 [2 1/2"] circles, 7 [2"] circles, and 5 [1 1/2"] circles.)
- 6.Use scissors to snip Tootsie Rolls crosswise into 1/2" pieces. Layer and build them up on several of the brownies to create pinecone petals.
- 7.Arrange brownies in a circle, stacking a few to create height. Decorate with a ribbon bow, if desired.